We took the Nukeproof Megawatt around the epic trails of Glentress, Scotland, but how long will the battery last?
Nukeproof’s first-ever E-MTB, the Megawatt combines the years of expertise in building the podium-winning Mega with the Shimano STEPS EP8 motor technology to provide the perfect pairing for an all round mountain biking machine. With race-proven geometry of the Nukeproof Mega, the Megawatt also features a new mixed wheel size platform: 29″ wheel up front to maximise rolling efficiency and a 27.5″ wheel out the back to improve grip.
Depending on the model you go for the battery size will vary. The Factory and Elite use a Shimano 630Wh Shimano battery whilst the Comp uses a Shimano 504Wh battery; this is designed to suit a variety of needs and budgets when choosing an E-MTB. Ripping up the trails of Glentress on the Nukeproof Megawatt, Matt managed to shred over 25 miles/40 kilometers with the power of the Shimano E8035.
Nukeproof Megawatt Comp Summary:
- Robust and lightweight triple butted hydro-formed Alloy frame
- Shimano E8035, 504Wh battery
- Mullet bike with 29″ wheel up front and 27.5″ wheel out back
- A vast variety of sizes available from Small to XX-Large
- Versatile, agile, and fast enduro E-Bike