With riders demanding a stiffer, more aggressive fork for long travel applications, the ZEB bridges the gap between the RockShox Lyrik and BoXXer forks and has been built to take on the toughest enduro racetracks.
Developed in conjunction with the world’s fastest riders including Team Chain Reaction Cycles EWS champion Sam Hill, RockShox say the ZEB perfectly balances stiffness and weight and offers increased sensitivity, greater steering precision, and the ability to go faster, corner harder and stay in control.
We joined Sam at the team camp in Italy earlier this year, and here’s what he thought of the ZEB after a few days of demanding runs:
RockShox have worked hard to make the ZEB one of their stiffest forks, but it’s torsional stiffness they’ve worked on specifically. Why? Because it’s torsional stiffness that makes the most noticeable difference in the forks’ performance and how it holds a line with better control.
– As an example for torsional stiffness it’s 21.5% stiffer than the RockShox Lyrik.
– For side Bending stiffness it’s 7% stiffer than the RockShox Lyrik.
When performances come down to minute details, it’s this ability to go faster with more precision in rough terrain that the pro racers will take advantage of the most.
Let’s run you through the different ZEB models that’ll be available in both 27.5” and 292 flavours:
- The top-end ZEB Ultimate is going be on the bikes of the majority of Enduro World Series sponsored athletes with all the latest suspension technology built in, including a Charger 2.1 damper, DebonAir™ air spring technology, SKF Wiper Seals and Maxima Plush Fluid.
- The ZEB SELECT+ features the all-new stiff 38mm chassis designed with the Charger 2.1 RC damper, DebonAir™ air spring technology, SKF Wiper Seals and Maxima Plush Fluid.
- ZEB SELECT gets the Charger RC damper, DebonAir™ air spring technology, SKF Wiper Seals, and Maxima Plush Fluid.
- ZEB gets the New Charger R damper, SKF Wiper Seals and Maxima Plush Fluid. It’s available with either a DebonAir Air Spring or Dual Position Air Spring. It’s worth noting that the dual Position Air spring allows you to adjust the fork between two distinct travel positions – from 180mm of max travel to 150mm minimum travel. And for this reason it’s perfect for emtbs – dial the suspension down for the ups, and let her rip for the downs!
RockShox ZEB gallery
There you go, a quick look at the new RockShox ZEB. Is this the burly long-travel suspension fork you’ve been waiting for?