With winter fast approaching we spoke to Endura at the Tweedlove Bike Festival 2021 about their MT500 range, designed for those foul-weather days on your mountain bike. Combining top-spec waterproofing with exceptional ExoShell durability and breathability for all-round protection.
We take a closer look at what makes the Endura MT500 range the ideal winter clothing.
Endura MT500 Jacket
The Endura MT500 uses an ExoShell 40DR three layer fabric to keep the wet and mud out whilst remaining highly breathable thanks to an ultra-thin membrane. The tough ExoShell features a high wicked mesh layer that efficiently moves moisture away from your skin. Incorporating a stretch panel across the shoulders to provide more freedom in movement and clever venting, compatible with your backpack, ensures that airflow around the body is not restricted.
- Durable and breathable ExoShell 40DR 3-Layer waterproof fabric,
- Ergonomically positioned stretch panels for increased flexibility,
- Adjustable helmet-compatible hood.
Endura MT500 Trousers
A do it all trouser, the MT500 is an excellent pant in all-weather protection. The waterproof seat panel stops tyre spray from soaking through to your skin, with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish applied across the rest of the trouser for water-resistant protection. Flexible panelling along the thighs and knees allows for ease of movement when riding and specially engineered fit enables for comfortable wearing of knee pads.
- Knee Pads can be comfortably worn with MT500 pants,
- Waterproof seat panel for tyre spray protection,
- Softshell stretch front panels with DWR finish.
Endura MT500 Helmet
The MT500 brings a host of features to provide a durable and safe helmet. Using Koroyd core, the honeycomb structure provides a lightweight and energy absorbing helmet. Large vents on the top allow for increase airflow stopping your head from overheating. Also utilising an array of features such as an adjustable visor, eyewear dock and anti-bacterial padding the MT500 brings the ultimate protection for trail and enduro riders.
- Koroyd core for excellent energy absorption,
- Large vents for increased airflow,
- One-hand micro-adjustment fit system.
Endura MT500 One-Piece
A simple garment, the MT500 One-Piece takes Endura’s MT500 jacket and trousers to create a fully waterproof shell. The split front allows for an independent look with a trouser waist and normal jacket opening, making it more practical to step into. With rear panel waterproof protection and a DWR finish combined with a high wicking layer to remove moisture from your skin to keep you drier and more comfortable.
- Full ExoShell 40DR 3-Layer waterproof fabric in a fully sealed one piece,
- Split front design for maximum mud protection and comfort fit,
- Durable shoulders for ease of movement and full waterproof seat panel.