Famous for their high-performance bike clothing and protection, Endura have now applied their expertise and knowledge to footwear and have released their all new MT500 Burner and Hummvee shoes.
Whether you ride clipless or with flat pedals, are more performance-driven or casual then the fresh range of footwear is worth a look.
Endura’s new footwear at a glance:
- Three new models – two MT500 Burner models – one clipless, one flat pedal; one Hummvee (flat pedal) model
- Designed in conjunction with ergonomics expert Phil Burt
- MTB-specific StickyFoot Compound used on soles for ultimate grip
- Main uses: trail riding, enduro racing, commuting
We got our hands on a few pairs of the new shoes and have taken a closer look at them in this video:
Performance Footwear and Clothing
MT500 Burner Clipless and Flat Shoes
Available in both flat pedal and clipless options, the Burner shoe matches the high-end performance of Endura’s well established and much-loved MT500 collection.
Each of the MT500 shoes have been built using the same lightweight, durable and comfortable-for-miles construction including:
- A lightweight durable upper with perforated panels for ventilation
- An EGM footbed to maximise comfort and power transfer
- Laces and velcro strap to dial in the fit and keep mud and debris out
- A sharkskin fabric lined heel to help keep your feet in place
The flat pedal version of the MT500 Burner uses StickyFoot Grip compound on the pedal contact area for maximum grip, locking into your pedal pins and offering confidence when you need it most.
At the toe and heel area, StickyFoot Dura compound is used, so perfect for gripping into the dirt when you’re hike a biking or digging trails.
Dial-in your fit
The MT500 Burner shoes feature traditional laces alongside an additional Velcro strap so you can lock your feet in place with confidence and an added tongue gaiter helps keep mud and dirt out.
A Sharkskin fabric lines the heel cup to help hold your foot in place and the reinforced toe and heel box offers protection from any bumps on the trail or flying debris.
Clip-in and Shred
The clipless version adds a cleat box on the sole with increased longitudinal adjustments, providing a wide range of stance options for caged or traditional clipless pedals.
Endura enlisted ergonomics expert Phil Burt for this new MT500 footwear range. As a result, each shoe has been designed with three comfort-enhancing technologies built in:
- Sole Stimulant: small raised dots that are located to improve your foots muscle sense and improve blood flow
- Metatarsal Button: a raised area that helps spread your feet out within the shoe, improves comfort and prevents unwanted scrunching of your toes
- Power Arch: helping support the arch of your foot delivering better power transfer and comfort
Endura MT500 Freezing Point Jacket
If riding in high altitudes or extreme cold weather conditions, the MT500 Freezing Point Jacket takes warmth to a new level. The PrimaLoft insulation in the jacket is a lightweight layer that provides outstanding amounts of warmth.
The low bulk of the jacket makes it easy to pack away plus it’s water-resistant too, maintaining its performance in damp conditions. Stretchy softshell fabric across the back and under the arms allows for a relaxed fit whilst an internal pocket makes space for essentials such as keys and phones.
- PFC-Free, non-toxic durable water repellent finish
- Reflective trims on hood, cuff and rear tail
- Ventilation by large underarm two-way zipped vent extending onto back
Endura MT500 Waterproof Jacket
A jacket packed with performance and durability, the Endura MT500 waterproof jacket is the ultimate wet weather jacket (did anyone say go-to jacket for UK Winter riding?!)
Using a three-layer ExoShell40DR waterproof fabric which provides excellent breathability and waterproof ratings, the MT500 waterproof jacket has a tough, durable outer layer which is laminated with a soft touch and uses high wicking mesh to effectively remove moisture away from your skin.
Endura have also incorporated stretch paneling to increase the ease of movement with backpack compatible venting to ensure airflow around the body isn’t compromised. It also has durable shoulder fabric with silicone grip and ergonomically positioned stretch panels.
- 3D adjustable helmet compatible hood
- Ventilation from large underarm 2-way zipped vents
- Water-repellent front zip with storm flap
Endura MT500 Burner Pants
The MT500 Burner Pant uses innovation from race ready kit to provide the latest durable stretch fabrics to create a slim fit downhill and enduro pant.
Using four-way stretch fabric offers you unrestricted movement on your bike and the tough Nylon construction shrugs off the cuts and scrapes of regular riding.
For serious mountain biking, knee pads are a must, the cut of the MT500 Burner pants ensures you can wear them with unrestricted comfort.
- PFC-Free, non-toxic durable water repellent finish
- Contemporary slim fitting design
- Knee pad friendly fit
Endura MT500 Helmet
As well as slapping a smile on your face, safety should be a priority when you head out on the mountain bike and with the MT500 helmet you’re well protected. In the event of impact, the Koroyd tubes within the helmet will crush homogenously, absorbing G-Force created by your momentum and lowering the chance of injury.
The confidence it instils in your ride is unrivalled, and owing to a micro-adjustment dial on the rear, the fit can be adjusted with a single hand movement. The helmet’s rear strap clasp makes it compatible with goggles, the padding has a refreshing antibacterial touch, and you can easily add extra accessories.
- Fully integrated Koroyd core for superior energy absorption
- Clip on accessory mount, accessory clip and light mount included
- Front eyewear dock and goggle compatible including rear strap clip
- Antibacterial, fast wicking spacer fabric padding
Technical Clothing and Footwear
Hummvee Flat Pedal Shoes
If you’re looking for something a little more casual, then the all-new Hummvee flat pedal shoe might be for you. It’s perfect for off the bike but packs a performance punch when it comes to riding too.
StickyFoot Grip rubber compound is used on the sole to keep your feet planted to the pedals and the toe and heel treads have been designed to provide excellent walking traction.
All interior lining and padding has been made as lightweight and quick drying as possible in case you get caught in a downpour. Small touches like an elasticated lace stash and wild or mild lacing options complete these cool new flat pedal shoes.
Hummvee Waterproof Hooded Jacket
Built for everything from mountain biking to more city-based escapades, the Endura Hummvee waterproof hooded jacket is a versatile and stylish cycling jacket. It uses a two-layer windproof, waterproof, and breathable fabric. If it starts to rain, the fully seam-sealed waterproof construction comes into its own but if you start to overheat and want extra airflow, the zipped underarm vent gives you full control.
Should the weather turn miserable, the jacket features an adjustable hood, while the front zip storm flap, adjustable hem and Velcro cuffs all work together to prevent water seeping in. If you’re a fan of night riding, reflective details ensure you’re easy to spot too.
- Waterproof, breathable, two-layer fabric in a fully seam sealed construction
- Ventilation from zipped underarm vents
- Hood with concealed adjustment
- Full length storm flap behind front zip
Whizzing around mountain bike trails or pedalling to and from work, the Hummvee helmet keeps your head protected in the event of a crash. While highly protective, it’s not going to weigh you down, coming in at a light and airy 290 grams. Adjustment is quick and easy via the rear dial so comfort is always just to your liking. Inside, the quick-wicking padding prevents discomfort from sweat build-up and it’s anti-bacterial too, so prevents an itchy scalp.
- Antibacterial, fast wicking, removable padding
- Compact chin strap with twin strap dividers
- One-hand micro-adjustment
- Integrated bug net
Hummvee Plus Glove II
The Hummvee Plus II gloves are ready for whatever the trail throws at them. The tough-yet-stretchy rib mesh backhand and neoprene knuckle guards offer reliable protection against the worst scrapes and falls. At the same time, these gloves are surprisingly comfortable thanks to gel padding in the palm for handlebar support and mesh web to keep things ventilated.
Elsewhere, practicality has been more than considered in a number of ways. A terry sweat wipe helps to keep your eyes clear for the trail ahead, and the forefinger is touchscreen compatible so no faffing while you get your next Instapic.
- Tough, stretch rib mesh backhand panels
- Neoprene knuckle protection panel
- Palmistry palm with gel padding
- Velcro adjuster strap for secure fit