Endura have launched an updated range of mountain bike and road helmets which now incorporate Mips technology, as well as Koroyd, for improved safety while you’re riding.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the new Endura helmets…
Endura Mips Helmet Range – at a glance:
- MT500 Mips Helmet – All-mountain/trail helmet with Full Koroyd Core and Mips technology
- Hummvee Plus Mips Helmet – Super versatile helmet, with Mips technology perfect in the mountains or the city
- SingleTrack Mips Helmet – Lightweight trail protection with Koroyd and Mips technology
- FS260-Pro Mips Helmet – Lightweight, airy road helmet with Mips technology
What’s Mips and Koroyd?
Mips Helmet Safety System
Mips stands for:
and is a helmet safety component.
Mips is essentially a thin low friction layer that allows 10-15mm of relative motion between the helmet and your head in the event of an impact, with the goal of reducing rotational motion that is transferred to the head in the event of an impact.
Koroyd’s welded tubes crumple instantly and consistently on impact, absorbing maximum force in a controlled manner, minimising the energy transferred to your head.
The unique behaviour helps to protect your skull and brain from direct and angled impacts which may reduce the risk of suffering life-changing injury.
Endura MT500 Mips Helmet
Building on the success of its predecessor this MT500 model provides increased protection with the addition of Mips technology to make it safer than ever. The full Koroyd core delivers unrivalled impact absorption and keeps the weight low along with large vents to keep your head cool when things heat up.
Other features include:
- Micro-Fit: One-handed micro adjust fit system, integrated into MIPS layer for super secure, comfortable fit and with a range of adjustment
- Superb Breathability: Large vents including top ‘air intake’ zones provide increased airflow, with fast wicking, quick dry, soft touch, removable padding
Endura Hummvee Plus Mips Helmet
Designed to go wherever you find yourself from off-road adventures to urban exploring the Endura Hummvee Plus Mips helmet is a versatile lid that offers outstanding head protection. At the heart of this helmet comes the in-mould construction, designed in the event of a head impact to soak up and dissipate forces that could otherwise cause injury!
Other features include:
- Comfortable Protection: Fast wicking, quick dry, soft touch removable padding
- Excellent Fit: One-handed micro-adjust fit system gives you a wide range of adjustments to provide superb comfort
- Quality Airflow: A helmet designed with airflow in mind, large vents maintain a linear flow of air to maximise breathability
Endura SingleTrack Mips Helmet
Combining a lightweight trail focused helmet with protection technology like Mips and Koroyd comes the Endura SingleTrack Mips helmet. Taking the already popular SingleTrack helmet, Endura have kept its excellent qualities and added Mips and Koroyd to provide a superb all round trail focused helmet.
- Lighweight Mould: Designed to fit comfortably on your head whilst giving you a lightweight lid to maximise your speed on the trails
- Goggle friendly design with rear strap gripper
- Removable, adjustable visor offering a wide range of movement
Endura Road Mips Helmets
Endura FS260-Pro Mips Helmet
A lightweight, airy road helmet for serious road and gravel riders, now with Mips.
- Large vents to keep your head cool in all conditions
- Air flow channels direct air through the helmet
Endura Pro SL Helmet with Koroyd Road Protection
A helmet built on the success of the flagship MT500, the Pro SL brings enhanced protection for the rider!
- Koroyd helps absorb energy in a more linear fashion
- Large vents with angled Koroyd tubes for increased airflow
- Meets the Koroyd Safety Initiative (KSI), significantly reducing risk of skull fracture beyond required standards.
Want to find out more about Mips?
Mips stands for Multi-Directional Impact Protection System and is a helmet safety component designed to help redirect rotational forces on the brain. Find out more about it with our Mips Buying Guide!