With winter now upon us, it’s time to get the lights dusted off and ready for another season of use. If you’re looking for an upgrade or something new, whether you’re starting out, commuting to work, or riding through dark country roads we’ve selected our top road bike lights for all conditions this winter.
Knog Plugger Front and Rear Bike Light Set
The Plugger Front and Rear Bike Light Set are ideal for daily commuting or running errands in high-traffic areas. Knog has given the powerful front light side visibility thanks to new cut-outs in the body, offering you 350 lumens to illuminate any upcoming dangers. For the back of your bike, the rear unit offers 10 lumens with five different settings to ensure you’re always noticed.
- Lumens: Front 350; Rear 10
- Runtime: Front: Min: 1 hour 30 minutes Max: 180+ hours; Rear: Min: 3 hours Max: 100+ hours
- Charge Time: Front 5 hours; Rear 2 hours 30 minutes
- Weight: Front 85 grams; Rear 34 grams
Cateye Sync Set Core & Kinetic Bike Light Set
For something that offers a bit more power on those darker country roads, the Cateye Sync Core & Kinetic bike light set provides a powerful 500-lumen front light and 50 lumen rear light ensuring you’ll be seen by others and see the road ahead. Cateye’s Sync Set comes with Sync technology which lets you fully control the lights via the Cateye Sync app allowing you to turn the lights on, off, and switch between modes.
- Lumens: Front 100-500; Rear 4-50
- Runtime: Front: Min: 2 hours Max: 130 hours; Rear: Min: 1 hour 30 minutes Max: 50 hours
- Charge Time: Front 3-6 hours; Rear 2 hours 30 minutes
- Weight: Front 94 grams; Rear 43 grams
Lezyne Hecto Drive 500XL Front Light
Bringing 500 lumens of light to the party, the Lezyne Hecto Drive 500Xl keeps you safe and seen on your late night or early morning rides. Easy to mount to your handlebar using the provided adjustable strap, this impressive light features eight individual modes to suit your route and the riding conditions.
- Lumens: 15-500
- Runtime: Min: 1 hour; Max: 20 hours
- Charge Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Weight: 84 grams
Cateye Volt 1700 RC Front Bike Light
Equipped with an OptiCube lens for a wide beam and delivering a huge 1700-lumens output, you’ll spot every danger on your route well in advance. Cateye has even built this light with a tool-free battery section, so you can carry a spare battery and swap it out on the go.
- Lumens: 200-1700
- Runtime: Min: 2 hours; Max: 150 hours
- Charge Time: Approx. 5 hours 30 minutes -15 hours
- Weight: 256.3 grams
LifeLine Pavo Front Bike Light (720L)
LifeLine’s Pavo 720L Front Light will help you stay in the saddle this autumn and winter with its four constant modes and a flashing mode making sure you’re seen by traffic on the roads, and the full strength 720-lumen mode with precision optics ensures that you are visible to other road users too.
- Lumens: 90-720
- Runtime: Min: 1 hour 50 minutes; Max: 15+ hours
- Charge Time: Approx. 5 hours
- Weight: 159 grams
Still struggling to find the right light?
Read our Bike Lights buying guide to help in your search for the perfect light!
If you haven’t seen the perfect light for you or would like to simply see other options available we have a full range at Chain Reaction!