Underdog Hardtail Build
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 3:37pm
Head to our YouTube community page, Instagram or Facebook and there’s never been more love for the humble hardtail, despite the rise of lower-cost full suspension technology and the increasing number of gravel bikes attempting to take over too!
Plenty of us are still favouring the simplicity of a front fork-only setup and in many cases, the hardtail just being the right tool for the job in hand.
We’ve put together a few hardtails over the past couple of years, including this upgraded Nukeproof Scout and a winter-riding demon from NS. This time we’re changing things up with our Ultimate Underdog Build – building a hardtail using parts from some of the less known brands on the Chain Reaction Cycles website. Oh – and at the end of the series we’re giving it away to one lucky YouTube subscriber!
Watch our videos for all the details:
Box Prime 9 Groupset revealed
In this video, we’re discussing the very important matter of what groupset to choose.
Now, we could keep it simple and slap on a SRAM Eagle or Shimano 12-speed groupset to suit our budget and there would be nothing wrong with that, the two groupset giants make exceptionally good drivetrains that offer excellent performance, value and reliability.
But the beauty of a custom build project is the opportunity to think a little differently, which is why we’re bucking the trend and opting for a Box Components groupset.
Are we overforking this bike?!
In the last episode we introduced you to the NS Eccentric frame we’re using for our Underdog Hardtail Build – now we’re going to take a look at the all-important suspension fork we’ve gone for.
Enter for your chance to win:
Terms and conditions
1. By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter of this contest is Wiggle Ltd. 1000 Lakeside, Suite 310, Third Floor N E Wing, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EN. (the “Promoter”).
3. The Promoter is offering those who enter this promotion a chance to win a custom NS hardtail bike.
4. To enter this contest, entrants must fill in the form with all details. All eligible entries will be entered into the contest.
5. Entrants must be aged 16 years or over. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this contest.
6. Multiple entries are not allowed. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
7. No purchase is necessary to enter this promotion however internet access is required.
8. The promotion is open to entries from 9am September 3rd until 23.59 on 28th October 2020.
9. There is one prize to be won. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
11. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries received during the promotional period.
12. The winner will be notified within one day via email. If we’re not able to contact a winner within a day, we will re-draw the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
13. Please allow 28 days for confirmation of the Prize from the date of claiming Prize.
14. Unless the winner notifies us otherwise in writing within 1 week of being informed that he/she has won, the Promoter reserves the right to use and feature the names of the CHAIN REACTION CYCLES NS BIKES WINNER for publicity purposes and the winner agrees that they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
15. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
16. All copyright in the entries is the property of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to use any entries for such purposes and no additional payment will be made for using entries in this way.
17. The name and country of residence of the winner will be made available on request to anyone sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to the Promoter as the address set out above within 10 weeks of the closing date of the promotion.
18. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple Instagram, Facebook or other social media accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
20. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third party intellectual property rights caused by entrants entering this contest.
21. Except for the purpose of carrying out the promotion, contacting winners and sending out prizes the Promoter will not use entrants’ personal data without the express consent of the entrant.
22. You agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this contest and terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Your statutory rights are not affected.