We’re happy to report that Apple have approved the latest update to CRC Pro-Cycling and you can now update your version of the game through the App Store. This update improves the game and adds extra content, here’s what’s been added:
• New Game Center Achievements to unlock
• Two new tracks, Rural and Park
• Improved ingame camera system
• Improved bike and cyclist models
• Ability to skip opening cut scenes (tap screen twice)
• A wide range of minor bug fixes and optimisations
As we’ve mentioned before we’re currently working on a further update that, most excitingly, will allow you to compete for real world prizes courtesy of Chain Reaction Cycles, Vitus, Mavic, High5 and Garmin. We’ll also have an extra circuit for you to race on along with new gear and equipment, including the winning club jerseys from this competition.
We’ll be rolling out more updates after that to improve the game even more. We’re working on an alternate, more strategic control method that will allow you to draft behind other competitors along with improvements to our multiplayer mode plus we’ll be adding more circuits and our multi-race style tour mode.
For now we quickly wanted to share with you a few bits of information about what we’re going to include in our second point update for the game on iOS:
• New road race and time trial circuit, Georgian
• Ability to play road races and time trial circuits in reverse
• New time trial specific bike to unlock, the Vitus Chrono
• Local WiFi multiplayer for 2-4 players
• New jerseys (including the wining jerseys from this competition)
In addition to all that you’ll also have the option to compete on Chain Reaction Cycles’ own online leader boards, each month there’ll be real equipment and bike up for grabs, more information can be found out about that on the Chain Reaction Hub website over the coming weeks.
Finally, as a way of saying thank you for being one of the first people to pick up the game, anybody upgrading to v1.2 when it’s released that has v1.1 or earlier installed on their device will find the Vitus Chrono TT bike already unlocked.
Thanks to you if you've bought the game and supported its development already, we look forward to seeing more times on those leader boards and, as ever, it would be great to hear your feedback.