Quick off the mark after Apple released fresh information about their Apple Watch, which is due to go on sale on 24th April 2015, Strava has redesigned its mobile app specifically for Apple Watch.
Already at the top of their game, the new sport-specific design from Strava will seamlessly integrate with Apple Watch’s distinctive technology.
Among its feature set, Strava for Apple Watch will track time, speed and distance in real time, toggle seamlessly between Ride and Run modes, and automatically sync activities with your Strava profile.
Erik Joule, Strava’s chief marketing and commerce officer had this to say,
“Apple has shaped the space it operates in by pushing the boundaries of technology and design. Strava has been on a similar journey, connecting a global community of athletes through its innovative products and experience."
Features we can expect on Strava for Apple Watch include;
• Intuitive on-wrist display: Track performance on Apple Watch in real time while keeping your phone safely tucked away
• Real-time segments: Receive alerts as you approach a starred segment, check elapsed time in the moment, then get instant results at the finish
• Weekly training progress at a glance: Utilising Apple Watch’s innovative Glances feature, Strava’s personalised training dashboard summarises weekly training volume and progress toward goals
• Immediate hands-free results: Completed activities automatically sync with Strava and results are instantly summarised on the Apple Watch display
• Fast transitions between ride and run modes: Multi-sport athletes can easily toggle between modes by using Apple Watch’s Force Touch sensing capabilities
Although, the Apple Watch isn't just for measuring GPS and heart rate, it's for people of any fitness level who want to track their movements throughout the day to count towards a personal goal.
But what do you think, is the Apple Watch at the top of your Gadget Must Have's wish list? Or are you content with using Strava on your smart phone or GPS tracker?
|First look: Nukeproof 2015 mountain bikes||Hope factory tour – here's a huge picture gallery you have to see!||Six ways Google Glass could change cycling forever||Have Microsoft found a way to make all POV bike vids look awesome?|