We knew it wouldn’t be too long until SRAM rolled out their 12-speed Eagle technology down through the more affordable levels of its drivetrains, and here is is: SRAM GX Eagle.
Benefitting from everything they learned to create Eagle, their most refined groupset to-date, SRAM GX Eagle features a large 10- to 50-tooth cassette, new chain design and technology, new X-Horizon rear mech with 14-tooth X-Sync lower pulley, and plenty more.
It’ll be available from Chain Reaction Cycles very soon.
Until then, let’s take a closer look…here’s SRAM’s info:
The SRAM GX Eagle™ crankset delivers consistent performance every time out. Featuring SRAM’s X-SYNC™2 tooth profile chainring, the GX crankset is engineered for complete chain control. Each tooth’s thickness is precisely toleranced and controlled to work seamlessly with the chain’s inner and outer links.
• Optimized 7000 series forged aluminum arms
• Direct mount ring
$120 – $170 | €125 – €175 | £107 – £148
This new GX derailleur not only answers the Eagle™ drivetrain’s need for greater capacity, but it’s also the next evolution of our proven, 1x-specific X-HORIZON™ design. The larger, 14-tooth X-SYNC™ lower pulley allows for a 10- to 50-tooth cassette, and also adds to Eagle’s overall smooth-pedaling feel. Our new, Type-3 ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ features a smoother torque curve for a quieter, more consistent operation and feel. CAGE LOCK™ has been moved back and out of the way, protecting it from trail debris. And a redesigned, robust mounting system further improves the Eagle™ derailleur’s performance and overall durability.
• Completely redesigned rear derailleur incorporating our proven X-HORIZON™ design and new Type-3 ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ technology
• Re-engineered mounting system and repositioned CAGE LOCK™ add robustness
• Eagle™ pulley technology provides greater efficiency, crisper shifting and quieter operation
$110 | €110 | £93
The challenges of riding a mountain bike should be kept to roots, rocks, mud, trees, jumps, drops and breathing. Putting total control of your gear selection into the thumb of one hand, it’s simple to find the right gear, right now. The GX Eagle™ trigger shifter is the control center of the Eagle™ drivetrain. Its internal works have been updated to include a 12th gear, and improved to enhance trigger feel, precision and durability.
• New mechanism creates a smoother and more precise shifting system with exceptional reliability
• Forged aluminum trigger designed to take a beating
• MatchMaker™ X compatible
$40 | €35 | £30
Three decades ago, SRAM was founded on a product called Grip Shift, and an idea that shifting a bike should be easier, better and more intuitive. The new Eagle™ Grip Shift includes new, robust internals that make it even more durable and its shifting performance more precise. But just like the original, it is total control in the palm of your hand.
• New Grip Shift mechanism takes SRAM’s original invention to an increased level of precision, durability
• Better feel and added toughness
$40 | €35 | £30
Ride anywhere with this wide range XG-1275, 10- to 50-tooth Eagle™ cassette that provides the right gear. Fast on the flats. Control on the climbs. Dictate your own pace, anywhere. Only Eagle™ technology is the 1x drivetrain engineered for infinite freedom. FULL PIN™ technology uses lightweight, stamped steel cogs held together with high-strength stainless steel pins. The result: a cassette that’s light and strong. The open design similar to our X-DOME™ cassette aids in mud clearance, giving you cleaner shifting performance and longer component life. New X-GLIDE™2 improves both inboard and outboard shifting, as well as chain retention.
• This XG-1275 cassette is an integral part of the SRAM Eagle™ drivetrain system.
• Super wide 10-50t gear range—a perfect fit for any ride
• Optimized gear steps across entire range
• FULL PIN™ technology uses eleven lightweight, stamped steel cogs and one 50-tooth aluminum cog held together with high-strength stainless steel pins
• Open design aids in mud clearance
$195 | €200 | £170
• Groundbreaking new chain design and technology
• The Eagle™ chain has been completelyre-engineered, and is produced with new manufacturing technology
• All-new Eagle™ PowerLock® chain connectorwith FLOW LINK™ technology provides better chain-guiding and increased longevity
• Unique features and design also provide significantly improved wear resistance on Eagle™ cassettes and rings
$30 | €29 | £25