First look: Fox Rampage Pro Carbon helmet 2019
Thursday, March 28th, 2019 5:38pm
This is the new Fox Rampage Pro Carbon, a high-end full face helmet designed for gravity racing and riding, packed with the latest safety technology and comfort features.
Building off its race-winning pedigree, the new highly-ventilated design and dual rotational management systems have been developed with world-leading scientists and refined by the fastest gravity riders on the planet, including Tahnee Seagrave and Brett Rheeder.
We spoke to Bobby from Fox about the new lid:
Fox Rampage Pro Carbon helmet at Chain Reaction Cycles
The RPC incorporates a matrix of Fluid pods oriented around the head and attached to the helmet interior. By precisely decoupling or “floating” the helmet on the head, each Fluid pod matrix acts like CSF (Cerebral Spinal Fluid) to independently and simultaneously manage the linear and rotational forces acting on soft brain tissue.
Fox Rampage Pro Carbon helmet features:
- The first MTB helmet with two rotational management systems: Fluid Inside® & MVRS™
- Fluid Inside® ensures optimal linear and rotational impact performance
- Magnetic Visor Release System (MVRS) allows the visor to detach during a crash
- Dual-density Varizorb™ EPS liner is meant to provide improved impact protection
- CAGE™ chin bar/eye port is intended to improve energy management in the event of an impact
- MCT (Multi-Composite Technology) shell construction provides an excellent balance of strength & weight
- 3 shell sizes & 4 EPS sizes for the best in class fit
- Mesh vent screens provide airflow while maintaining protection from dirt and debris
- Removable, washable X-static® comfort liner