- This event has passed.
Chain Reaction Cycles MTB Demo Series 2016 – Innerleithen
May 7, 2016 - May 8, 2016
The Chain Reaction Cycles Demo Series hooks up with the pros at Innerleithen.
Online registration closed
The demo days at Innerleithen are the 5th instalment of the Chain Reaction Cycles Demo Series 2016. This is another great chance to demo some amazing 2016 bikes, and chat to the bike brand representatives. Not only will you be able to ride some amazing bikes, but you will have the opportunity to get out on the trails with riders from the CRC/Paypal World Cup Downhill team, Mike Jones, Joe Smith & Elliot Heap.
We have organised a free uplift for riders registered for the demo. Plus the Chain Reaction Cycles / PayPal World Cup Downhill Team will be on had to talk about and demo their Nukeproof bikes.
Innerleithen is situated within the 7 Stanes Mountain Biking network in the Tweed Valley in the Scottish Borders. It offers some of the best trails in the UK and sets the stage for another exciting day of testing the latest bikes. You will be able to choose from some of the top brands available at Chain Reaction Cycles.
The Demo Bike Brands
- NS Bikes
- Zesty XM 327 Womens | Zesty XM 527 | Spicy 527 | Overvolt FS 700 E-Bike
Win A Pair of Oakley Jawbreaker Prizm Trail Glasses
Everyone who registers online will have a chance to win a pair of Oakley’s best MTB glasses the Jawbreaker Prizm Trail that retail at £175.
Mini MTB Brand Expedition
In addition to the demo there will be a small outdoor MTB brand exhibition, with some of the latest MTB products on display. Entrance to the exhibition is free. You will be able to meet and chat with the MTB brand representatives face to face, who will be able to answer product queries and keep you updated on all the latest cycling technologies.
Food and Beverages
As with all the venues there will be a café or catering available onsite for a refuel, so don’t forget to bring some change with you.
How to Register
Online registration closed
The registration fee is £5 and is non-refundable.
Your Registration entitles you to:
- 1 Demo Session on your chosen Date and Time Slot
- A Chain Reaction Cycles Goodie Bag
- A Chain Reaction Cycles 10% discount voucher which can be used on any 2016 Nukeproof, Vitus or Ragley Bike (Terms Apply).
The Demo Sessions
Demo Sessions will be run on both Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th May 2016 with 3 session times to choose from on both days. The sessions run in 2.5 hour slots and should allow you to demo up to 3 different bikes in your chosen session (based on each circuit taking approximately 40mins). Registration opens 1 hour before each session to allow time to check in and pick up your pass ahead of your session. Please bear in mind that should you run late for your session you may not have the opportunity to demo as many bikes.
- Saturday 7th May
- Sunday 8th May
Don’t panic if you can’t make it on these dates, there are 7 weekends in the series to chose from:
- 20 & 21 February – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 12 & 13 March – Bike Park Ireland, Tipperary, Ireland
- 9 & 10 April – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 23 & 24 April – Aston Hill, England
- 7 & 8 May – Innerleithen, Scotland
- 13 & 14 May – Enduro World Series Site, Wicklow, Ireland
- 11 June – Castlewellan, Northern Ireland
Things to Pack
As with all outdoor events you should check the weather before you leave and pack for all eventualities. You will be required to bring your own helmet in order to take part in the cycling activities. If you wish to use your own clipless shoes you should bring along your own pedals in order to do so. Here is a list of some other items you may wish to pack:
- Helmet (required to participate)
- Protective Clothing & Eyewear
- Cycling Shoes and Pedals (standard flat pedals are provided)
- Waterproof Apparel
- A Change of Clothes
- Warm Outer Wear
- Hydration Packs
- Money to Purchase Food
- Money for Parking
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- You will be required to provide a photographic ID such as a Driving Licence and a Credit/Debit Card to be held until the end of your chosen session.
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, you must be accompanied by your Legal Guardian and the Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event.
- Please note that the Bikes used for the purposes of the cycling activities (“Activities”) are adult bikes and it may not be possible to accommodate persons under the age of 12 years old or under 5’2″/152cm’s in height.
Must I wear a helmet?
- You must bring your own helmet along with you and your helmet must be worn for the duration of the cycling activities (“Activities”).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- You must make your own travel arrangements to get to the event, most venues have parking available. In some cases there may be a parking fee charged by the venue.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- You must have your booking reference and valid ID with you. It is recommended that you print your ticket and bring it with you.
Do I have to pay a Registration Fee?
- You must pay a Registration Fee if you wish to take part in the Bike Demo cycling activities (“Activities”). You do not have to pay to visit the Exhibition.
Do I have to sign a Waiver?
- You must sign a waiver. If you register online you must agree that you have read, understood and accept the waiver declaration. If you are under the age of 18 years old your Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event prior to your participation in the Activities. The Waiver can be viewed below.