- This event has passed.
Chain Reaction Cycles MTB Demo Series 2016 – Enduro World Series Venue, Wicklow
May 13, 2016 - May 14, 2016
The Demo Series 2016 catches up with the Enduro World Series in Wicklow
Registrations available at the venue on the day. Online registration closed
The Demo Series heads back to Ireland again and pairs up with the Enduro World Series making it the most exciting venue in the series. We will be letting you loose on some of the latest MTB’s available at Chain Reaction Cycles on some really great trails.
DEMO EXCLUSIVE … Ride an Enduro World Series (EWS) Stage with the Chain Reaction Cycles MTB Demo Series 2016. Register for the demo to gain exclusive access on one of our demo bikes to the EWS Stage 5, Friday 13th and Stage 4, Saturday 14th May at Wicklow. This is a unique opportunity to ride world class trails, which are otherwise closed to the general public, on some of the latest bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles.
Not only will you have the opportunity to ride some of the best Terrain Wicklow has to offer, but you will be able to catch some of the Enduro World Series action and bike brand exhibition.
The trails at Wicklow will be situated at Carrick Mountain, Glenealy, County Wicklow and will be host to the Enduro World Series on the weekend of the Demo. If you want to make your visit a weekend of biking, you also have Ballinastoe Woods just 20 minutes up the road from the Enduro World Series site whilst Carrick is closed for racing.
For more information on the Venue, the Enduro World Series (R3 Wicklow), the Venue/Race Organisers, or the Parking and Demo Location, please visit www.emeraldenduro.com.
The Demo Bike Brands
Mini MTB Brand Expedition
In addition to the demo you will have a chance to visit the Enduro World Series MTB exhibition, with some of the latest MTB products on display. Admission to the EWS grounds is €5 (admission is CASH ONLY, no card payments). You will be able to meet and chat with the MTB brand representatives face to face, who will be able to answer product queries and keep you updated on all the latest cycling technologies.
Food and Beverages
As with all the venues there will be a café or catering available onsite for a refuel, so don’t forget to bring some change with you.
How to Register
Registrations available at the venue on the day. Online registration closed.
You will be able to register onsite on the day. The registration fee is £5 and is non-refundable.
Your Registration entitles you to:
- 1 Demo Session on your chosen Date and Time Slot
- A Chain Reaction Cycles Goodie Bag
- A Chain Reaction Cycles 10% discount voucher which can be used on any 2016 Nukeproof, Vitus or Ragley Bike (Terms Apply).
The Demo Sessions
Demo Sessions will be run on both Friday 13th May & Saturday 14th May 2016 with 3 session times to choose from on both days. The sessions run in 2.5 hour slots and should allow you to demo up to 3 different bikes in your chosen session (based on each circuit taking approximately 40mins). Registration opens 1 hour before each session to allow time to check in and pick up your pass ahead of your session. Please bear in mind that should you run late for your session you may not have the opportunity to demo as many bikes.
- Friday 13th May
- Saturday 14th May
Don’t panic if you can’t make it on these dates, there are 7 weekends in the series to chose from:
- 20 & 21 February – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 12 & 13 March – Bike Park Ireland, Tipperary, Ireland
- 9 & 10 April – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 23 & 24 April – Aston Hill, England
- 7 & 8 May – Innerleithen, Scotland
- 13 & 14 May – Enduro World Series Site, Wicklow, Ireland
- 11 June – Castlewellan, Northern Ireland
Things to Pack
As with all outdoor events you should check the weather before you leave and pack for all eventualities. You will be required to bring your own helmet in order to take part in the cycling activities. If you wish to use your own clipless shoes you should bring along your own pedals in order to do so. Here is a list of some other items you may wish to pack:
- Helmet (required to participate)
- Protective Clothing & Eyewear
- Cycling Shoes and Pedals (standard flat pedals are provided)
- Waterproof Apparel
- A Change of Clothes
- Warm Outer Wear
- Hydration Packs
- Money to Purchase Food
- Money for Parking
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- You will be required to provide a photographic ID such as a Driving Licence and a Credit/Debit Card to be held until the close of each day.
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, you must be accompanied by your Legal Guardian and the Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event.
- Please note that the Bikes used for the purposes of the cycling activities (“Activities”) are adult bikes and it may not be possible to accommodate persons under the age of 12 years old or under 5’2″/152cm’s in height.
Must I wear a helmet?
- You must bring your own helmet along with you and your helmet must be worn for the duration of the cycling activities (“Activities”).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- You must make your own travel arrangements to get to the event, most venues have parking available. In some cases there may be a parking fee charged by the venue.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- You must have your booking reference and valid ID with you. It is recommended that you print your ticket and bring it with you.
Do I have to pay a Registration Fee?
- You must pay a Registration Fee if you wish to take part in the Bike Demo cycling activities (“Activities”).
Do I have to sign a Waiver?
- You must sign a waiver. If you register online you must agree that you have read, understood and accept the waiver declaration. If you are under the age of 18 years old your Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event prior to your participation in the Activities. The Waiver can be viewed below.