- This event has passed.
Chain Reaction Cycles MTB Demo Series 2016 – Castlewellan Winter Sessions
February 20, 2016 - February 21, 2016
The Chain Reaction Cycles Demo Series kicks off at Castlewellan
Castlewellan Trail Centre in Northern Ireland will be the first venue of the Chain Reaction Cycles Demo Series 2016. The series will revisit Castlewellan again in spring and a few weeks ahead of the summer holiday period. This series of events offer cyclists of all ages and levels a chance to demo some of the latest 2016 bikes available from Chain Reaction Cycles. Each venue will be host to some of our latest bike brands and will give you the opportunity to speak to the mountain bike brand representatives face to face.
The Castlewellan Trails are situated within the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland and make up part of a wider network of bike trails. They offer some of the most beautiful panoramic mountain and lakeside scenery and boast 3 trail grades with black trail options. The trails set the stage for an exciting day of cycling, with routes to suit all levels.
The Demo Bike Brands
- NS Bikes
- Zesty XM 327 Womens | Zesty XM 527 | Zesty XM 327
- Zesty AM 327 | Zesty AM 527 | Spicy 527
Food and Beverages
As with all the venues there will be a café or catering available onsite for a refuel, so don’t forget to bring some change with you.
How to Register
Online registration is closed but you can still register on the day at the venue. Please bear in mind the morning session of each day is almost fully booked, however there is plenty of availablity for the two afternoon sessions each day. The registration fee is £5 and is non-refundable. You can register for your preferred date and session on our registration page.
Your registration entitles you to:
- 1 Demo Session on your chosen Date and Time Slot
- A Chain Reaction Cycles Goodie Bag
- Free Parking
- Free Coffee
- Free Shower
YOU CAN STILL REGISTER ON THE DAY AT THE VENUE (£5 – cash only)
The Demo Sessions
Demo Sessions will be run on both Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st February 2016 with 3 session times to choose from on both days. The sessions run in 2 hour slots and should allow you to demo up to 3 different bikes in your chosen session (based on each circuit taking approximately 35mins). Registration opens 1 hour before each session to allow time to check in and pick up your pass ahead of your session. Please bear in mind that should you run late for your session you may not have the opportunity to demo as many bikes.
- Saturday 20th February
- Sunday 21st February
Don’t panic if you can’t make it on these dates, there are 7 weekends in the series to chose from:
- 20 & 21 February – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 12 & 13 March – Bike Park Ireland, Tipperary, Ireland
- 9 & 10 April – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 23 & 24 April – Aston Hill, England
- 7 & 8 May – Innerleithen, Scotland
- 13 & 14 May – Enduro World Series Site, Wicklow, Ireland
- 11 & 12 June – Castlewellan, Northern Ireland
Things to Pack
As with all outdoor events you should check the weather before you leave and pack for all eventualities. You will be required to bring your own helmet in order to take part in the cycling activities. If you wish to use your own clipless shoes you should bring along your own pedals in order to do so. Here is a list of some other items you may wish to pack:
- Helmet (required to participate)
- Protective Clothing & Eyewear
- Cycling Shoes and Pedals (standard flat pedals are provided)
- Waterproof Apparel
- A Change of Clothes
- Warm Outer Wear
- Hydration Packs
- Money to Purchase Food
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- You will be required to provide a photographic ID such as a Driving Licence and a Credit/Debit Card to be held until the close of each day.
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, you must be accompanied by your Legal Guardian and the Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event.
- Please note that the Bikes used for the purposes of the cycling activities (“Activities”) are adult bikes and it may not be possible to accommodate persons under the age of 12 years old or under 5’2″/152cm’s in height.
Must I wear a helmet?
- You must bring your own helmet along with you and your helmet must be worn for the duration of the cycling activities (“Activities”).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- You must make your own travel arrangements to get to the event, most venues have parking available.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- You must have your booking reference and valid ID with you. It is recommended that you print your ticket and bring it with you.
Do I have to pay a Registration Fee?
- You must pay a Registration Fee if you wish to take part in the Bike Demo cycling activities (“Activities”).
Do I have to sign a Waiver?
- You must sign a waiver. If you register online you must agree that you have read, understood and accept the waiver declaration. If you are under the age of 18 years old your Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event prior to your participation in the Activities. The Waiver can be viewed below.