- This event has passed.
Chain Reaction Cycles MTB Demo Series 2016 – Castlewellan Spring Sessions
April 9, 2016 - April 10, 2016
The Demo Series 2016 returns to Castlewellan for more bike demo fun
The Demo Series 2016 returns to Castlewellan just as the spring arrives. If you missed out on our first visit to the Mourne Mountains, here is your second chance to demo some of the latest 2016 bikes available from Chain Reaction Cycles.
The series revisits the Castlewellan Trails Centre and whilst the location is the same, a fresh season means everything will have changed. There will be more of the same beautiful panoramic mountain and lakeside scenery but the colours will have changed since our winter visit, there should be lots more green appearing.
The Demo Bike Brands
Food and Beverages
As with all the venues there will be a café or catering available onsite for a refuel, so don’t forget to bring some change with you.
How to Register – Online Registration Closed – Tickets available at the venue on the day
You will be able to register onsite on the day, however numbers are limited and we recommend that you register online in advance. The registration fee is £5 and is non-refundable. You can register for your preferred date and session on our registration page.
Your Registration entitles you to:
- 1 Demo Session on your chosen Date and Time Slot
- A Chain Reaction Cycles Goodie Bag
- Free Parking
- Free Coffee
- Free Shower
The Demo Sessions
Demo Sessions will be run on both Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th April 2016 with 3 session times to choose from on both days. The sessions run in 2 hour slots and should allow you to demo up to 3 different bikes in your chosen session (based on each circuit taking approximately 35mins). Registration opens 1 hour before each session to allow time to check in and pick up your pass ahead of your session. Please bear in mind that should you run late for your session you may not have the opportunity to demo as many bikes.
- Saturday 9th April
- Sunday 10th April
Don’t panic if you can’t make it on these dates, there are 7 weekends in the series to chose from:
- 20 & 21 February – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 12 & 13 March – Bike Park Ireland, Tipperary, Ireland
- 9 & 10 April – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 23 & 24 April – Aston Hill, England
- 7 & 8 May – Innerleithen, Scotland
- 13 & 14 May – Enduro World Series Site, Wicklow, Ireland
- 11 & 12 June – Castlewellan, Northern Ireland
Things to Pack
As with all outdoor events you should check the weather before you leave and pack for all eventualities. You will be required to bring your own helmet in order to take part in the cycling activities. If you wish to use your own clipless shoes you should bring along your own pedals in order to do so. Here is a list of some other items you may wish to pack:
- Helmet (required to participate)
- Protective Clothing & Eyewear
- Cycling Shoes and Pedals (standard flat pedals are provided)
- Waterproof Apparel
- A Change of Clothes
- Warm Outer Wear
- Hydration Packs
- Money to Purchase Food
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- You will be required to provide a photographic ID such as a Driving Licence and a Credit/Debit Card to be held until the end of your chosen session.
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, you must be accompanied by your Legal Guardian and the Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event.
- Please note that the Bikes used for the purposes of the cycling activities (“Activities”) are adult bikes and it may not be possible to accommodate persons under the age of 12 years old or under 5’2″/152cm’s in height.
Must I wear a helmet?
- You must bring your own helmet along woth you and your helmet must be worn for the duration of the cycling activities (“Activities”).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- You must make your own travel arrangements to get to the event, most venues have parking available.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- You must have your booking reference and valid ID with you. It is recommended that you print your ticket and bring it with you.
Do I have to pay a Registration Fee?
- You must pay a Registration Fee if you wish to take part in the Bike Demo cycling activities (“Activities”).
Do I have to sign a Waiver?
- You must sign a waiver. If you register online you must agree that you have read, understood and accept the waiver declaration. If you are under the age of 18 years old your Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event prior to your participation in the Activities. The Waiver can be viewed below.