- This event has passed.
Chain Reaction Cycles MTB Demo Series 2016 – Aston Hill Bike Park
April 23, 2016 - April 24, 2016
We’re bringing the MTB Demo Series to Buckinghamshire and the Aston Hill Bike Park
Aston Hill Bike Park is the venue for part 4 of the Demo Series. This is a unique opportunity to demo some of the latest bikes on what are some of the UK’s most notable trails. As with our previous venues, there will be some top MTB brands on site exhibiting their latest MTB products .
The Bike Park benefits from being near to London and being easily accessible via the A41. The park boasts five graded downhill runs, a 4X track, and a two-part cross-country loop. The venue sets the scene for yet another exciting day of MTB riding on some amazingly well designed trail builds.
The Demo Bike Brands
Win A Pair of Oakley Jawbreaker Prizm Trail Glasses
Everyone who registers online will have a chance to win a pair of Oakley’s best MTB glasses the Jawbreaker Prizm Trail that retail at £175.
Mini MTB Brand Expedition
In addition to the demo there will be a small outdoor MTB brand exhibition, with some of the latest MTB products on display. Entrance to the exhibition is free. You will be able to meet and chat with the MTB brand representatives face to face, who will be able to answer product queries and keep you updated on all the latest cycling technologies.
Food and Beverages
As with all the venues there will be a café or catering available onsite for a refuel, so don’t forget to bring some change with you.
How to Register
– REGISTRATION AVAILABLE AT THE VENUE ON THE DAY –
– ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED –
You will be able to register onsite on the day, we recommend that you arrive up to 1 hour in advance of your preferred session. The registration fee is £5 and is non-refundable (cash only).
Your Registration entitles you to:
- 1 Demo Session on your chosen Date and Time Slot
- A Chain Reaction Cycles Goodie Bag
- A Chain Reaction Cycles 10% discount voucher which can be used on any 2016 Nukeproof, Vitus or Ragley Bike (Terms Apply).
Please note that you will also be required to purchse a Day Pass to access the Aston Hill Bike Park. Day passes can be bought from the car park ticket machine and cost £7.00 (one per rider, cash only, no change given). More information on Aston Hill Bike Park is available on their website.
The Demo Sessions
Demo Sessions will be run on both Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th April 2016 with 3 session times to choose from on both days. The sessions run in 2.5 hour slots and should allow you to demo up to 3 different bikes in your chosen session (based on each circuit taking approximately 40mins). Registration opens 1 hour before each session to allow time to check in and pick up your pass ahead of your session. Please bear in mind that should you run late for your session you may not have the opportunity to demo as many bikes.
- Saturday 23rd April
- Sunday 24th April
Don’t panic if you can’t make it on these dates, there are 7 weekends in the series to chose from:
- 20 & 21 February – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 12 & 13 March – Bike Park Ireland, Tipperary, Ireland
- 9 & 10 April – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 23 & 24 April – Aston Hill, England
- 7 & 8 May – Innerleithen, Scotland
- 13 & 14 May – Enduro World Series Site, Wicklow, Ireland
- 11 & 12 June – Castlewellan, Northern Ireland
Things to Pack
As with all outdoor events you should check the weather before you leave and pack for all eventualities. You will be required to bring your own helmet in order to take part in the cycling activities. If you wish to use your own clipless shoes you should bring along your own pedals in order to do so. Here is a list of some other items you may wish to pack:
- Helmet (required to participate)
- Protective Clothing & Eyewear
- Cycling Shoes and Pedals (standard flat pedals are provided)
- Waterproof Apparel
- A Change of Clothes
- Warm Outer Wear
- Hydration Packs
- Money to Purchase Food
- Money for Parking
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- You will be required to provide a photographic ID such as a Driving Licence and a Credit/Debit Card to be held until the close of each day.
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, you must be accompanied by your Legal Guardian and the Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event.
- Please note that the Bikes used for the purposes of the cycling activities (“Activities”) are adult bikes and it may not be possible to accommodate persons under the age of 12 years old or under 5’2″/152cm’s in height.
Must I wear a helmet?
- You must bring your own helmet along woth you and your helmet must be worn for the duration of the cycling activities (“Activities”).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- You must make your own travel arrangements to get to the event, most venues have parking available. In some cases there may be a parking fee charged by the venue.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- You must have your booking reference and valid ID with you. It is recommended that you print your ticket and bring it with you.
Do I have to pay a Registration Fee?
- You must pay a Registration Fee if you wish to take part in the Bike Demo cycling activities (“Activities”). You do not have to pay to visit the Exhibition.
Do I have to sign a Waiver?
- You must sign a waiver. If you register online you must agree that you have read, understood and accept the waiver declaration. If you are under the age of 18 years old your Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event prior to your participation in the Activities. The Waiver can be viewed below.