- This event has passed.
Chain Reaction Cycles MTB Demo Series 2016 – Bike Park Ireland
March 12, 2016 - March 13, 2016
The Demo Series 2016 heads south to visit Bike Park Ireland
Designed by the world renowned biker, designer, and trail builder Rowan Sorrel, Bike Park Ireland offers some amazing flowing trails. You are in for a treat at the Chain Reaction Cycles MTB Demo Series 2nd venue, and we can’t wait to let you loose on these trails on our latest bikes. We will be bringing three of our latest bike brands to the bike park for you to demo on both Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th March 2016.
Planted right in the middle of Ireland the bike park has everything you need for a weekend of trail riding including bike rentals, 4-star self catering cottages, a shop and a cafe. Bike Park Ireland has 5 trail grades, ensuring there is a trail to suit everyone.
The Demo Bike Brands
Food and Beverages
As with all the venues there will be a café or catering available onsite for a refuel, so don’t forget to bring some change with you.
How to Register
The registration format changes slighty for this venue as we team up with Bike Park Ireland. You must book directly with Bike Park Ireland to have use of all the trails and facilities on the day. Day Tickets are €5 (excludes uplift service). Half day uplift tickets are €25 and full day uplift tickets are €35 (both uplift tickets prices include your day ticket). For booking and further information on packages please use the register now link below:
The Demo Sessions
Demo Sessions at Bike Park Ireland will be run on both Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th March 2016 and on a first come first serve basis. Depending on demand we may set time limits or limit the number of runs for use of the demo bikes and to try and accommodate as many riders as possible.
Don’t panic if you can’t make it on these dates, there are 7 weekends in the series to chose from:
- 20 & 21 February – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 12 & 13 March – Bike Park Ireland, Tipperary, Ireland
- 9 & 10 April – Castlewellan, Nothern Ireland
- 23 & 24 April – Aston Hill, England
- 7 & 8 May – Innerleithen, Scotland
- 13 & 14 May – Enduro World Series Site, Wicklow, Ireland
- 11 & 12 June – Castlewellan, Northern Ireland
Things to Pack
As with all outdoor events you should check the weather before you leave and pack for all eventualities. You will be required to bring your own helmet in order to take part in the cycling activities. If you wish to use your own clipless shoes you should bring along your own pedals in order to do so. Here is a list of some other items you may wish to pack:
- Helmet (required to participate)
- Protective Clothing & Eyewear
- Cycling Shoes and Pedals (standard flat pedals are provided)
- Waterproof Apparel
- A Change of Clothes
- Warm Outer Wear
- Hydration Packs
- Money to Purchase Food
- Money to purchase uplift tokens (€2.50 per trip) & day ticket (€5) – if you haven’t booked a half or full day uplift ticket online
There is Free Parking at the venue.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- You will be required to provide a photographic ID such as a Driving Licence and a Credit/Debit Card to be held until you have returned the demo bike to a member of the Chain Reaction Cycles staff.
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, you must be accompanied by your Legal Guardian and the Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event.
- Please note that the Bikes used for the purposes of the cycling activities (“Activities”) are adult bikes and it may not be possible to accommodate persons under the age of 12 years old or under 5’2″/152cm’s in height.
Must I wear a helmet?
- You must bring your own helmet along with you and your helmet must be worn for the duration of the cycling activities (“Activities”).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- You must make your own travel arrangements to get to the event, most venues have parking available. There is Free Parking at the venue.
Do I have to pay a Registration Fee?
- You must pay a Booking Fee to Bike Park Ireland if you wish to take part in the Bike Demo cycling activities (“Activities”). See the ‘Register Now’ link in this article for more details.
Do I have to sign a Waiver?
- You must sign a waiver. If you are under the age of 18 years old your Legal Guardian must sign the waiver declaration on your behalf at the venue on the day of the event prior to your participation in the Activities. The Waiver can be viewed below.